Atanas is a Partner in McKinsey's Banking practice with more than 10 years of experience leading large-scale revenue generation, performance improvement, and digital transformation programs. He specializes in advising the retail, digital, payments, and commercial areas of a bank, as well as working with fintechs across topics.
His recent client work includes:
- leading the holistic transformation at a regional bank, achieving more than 25% net income growth in a year
- building a payments platform business from scratch
- co-leading the transformation at a mid-cap bank, achieving 70% reduction in credit time and on track to achieving 9 percentage points in efficiency ratio improvement
- driving the digital sales transformation for a mid-cap bank, leading to a 60% digital sales increase for priority products
- developing digital leadership and aspiration-setting for a top 10 bank
- orchestrating the digital transformation for a regional bank, leading to more than a 20-point NPS improvement and more than 90% time reduction for several key journeys
- creating the strategy for a technology company
Outside of his client work, Atanas has also written several articles on the topic of banking strategy and performance improvement. He is a member of the board of directors of Teach for Bulgaria, a non-profit focused on improving education.