Ting is a partner of McKinsey’s Automotive & Assembly Practice in Shenzhen with extensive experience serving global automakers and suppliers. He also has broad experience in serving industrial players and private equity funds. Ting currently leads the future mobility work in China and is a coauthor of our latest perspectives on new energy vehicles (NEV) in China. Functionally, Ting is the hub leader for corporate finance at McKinsey in Greater China.
Recent examples of his work include the following:
- supporting an NEV-focused fund to identify investment opportunities and formulate fund strategies
- helping several OEMs adjust their overall strategies and product planning in light of NEV developments and new mobility trends
- supporting a leading shared-mobility company on a series of strategic projects related to market entry, new business models, and partner selection
- assisting a new OEM in the NEV space in building up its organization, governance, and key business functions and processes, and leading a cross-functional and cross-cultural team to launch the client’s first-generation product
- leading a large-scale transformation project for over 4 years for a major local automotive OEM in China
- helping a global automotive OEM integrate its sales company into a new joint venture with a major Chinese state-owned enterprise
Prior to joining McKinsey, Ting conducted equity research on the airline industry in North America for Lehman Brothers.
Ting coleads our recruiting efforts for McKinsey Digital.