Stefano is part of McKinsey’s work in advanced industries and the managing partner for its Stamford, Connecticut office. Over his 20 years’ of experience, he has worked in several sectors, including manufacturing, the engineering and construction value chain, engineering and design, mechanical and electrical subcontracting, construction-equipment OEMs, electronic-building equipment OEMs, and construction and building service providers. He specializes in serving midsize multiple business unit companies, both publicly and privately owned.
His past client experience includes the following:
- guiding the cybersecurity strategy for an engineering and design firm
- leading the growth transformation of a construction-equipment services provider, which doubled its top-line growth rate
- helping the sales and pricing transformation of a construction equipment manufacturer through digital and analytics
- restructuring a family-owned business to improve earnings before interest, taxes, and amortization 1.5 times in 24 months
- delivering $350 million in earnings before interest, taxes, and amortization in 18 months over the turnaround (field services, supply chain, sales, general and administrative) of a global building-equipment services OEM
- assisting in the post-merger integration at an electrical-building equipment OEM, which delivered over $100 million in cost synergies and more than $80 million in revenue synergies
Stefano joined McKinsey in 2003 in Italy, worked for several years in South America, and now lives in Connecticut. He is fluent in English, Spanish, and Italian.
Stefano graduated with honors in Electrical Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Milan and received an MBA from the Leonard N. Stern School of Business in 2007.