Based in London, Sid Azad has over 15 years of consulting experience in the financial-services industry, advising banks, asset managers, and life insurers across Europe. His primary focus is retail banking, particularly high-net-worth banking, wealth management, and long-term savings. He has also advised nontraditional players in exploring ways to participate in the financial-services space, especially payments.
Examples of Sid’s client work include:
- leading several studies for large global and regional banks on their go-to-market strategy for private banking, including determining market and booking-center participation, business-model refinement, post-regulatory reforms, proposition and pricing development, reputational-risk management, and operating-model design
- working with the retail bank of one of the world’s largest universal banks to develop a five-year business plan, future client segmentation, and capability-development road map
- advising global and regional wealth managers on their investment management and savings propositions as well as their future business and operating model, given significant industry disruption across the value chain, resulting in revamped central investment offices to enhance scalability, reduce costs, and significantly lower the risk profile
- advising several global asset and wealth managers on developing and launching their direct-to-consumer businesses, including proposition design, robo- and algorithmic advice, underlying product architecture, platform and digital user interfaces, and operating-model design
- advising universal banks on their long-term strategy development in light of disruptive macroeconomic and digital headwinds
Before joining McKinsey, Sid was a financial-services partner at PwC Strategy& (formerly Booz & Company) in London. He has an MBA with distinction from the London Business School and Bachelors in Commerce with distinction and triple first class honours from University of Delhi.
Sid is McKinsey's partner sponsor of recruiting for London Business School.