Shobhit is a partner in McKinsey’s Financial Services Practice, and leads the firm’s work in small- and medium-size enterprise (SME) banking in Southeast Asia. He advises clients on topics including banking strategy, digital business build, and risk management. Shobhit has extensive experience working across key Asian markets—particularly in Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan.
Examples of Shobhit’s recent client work include the following:
- helping a large Southeast Asian conglomerate build a disruptive digital banking business that offers timely and affordable credit solutions for small businesses
- supporting a major Southeast Asian bank launch a greenfield digital bank in a new market
- assisting a large bank in Indonesia with its SME banking business transformation that led to the bank significantly reducing its non-performing loans portfolio
- supporting a major private bank in India with its mid-corporate and SME banking business transformation
- helping a global micro-credit provider transform its business processes, resulting in a 40 percent increase in productivity
- supporting the strategic turnaround of a regional bank's SME and corporate banking business in Thailand