Seunghyuk is a partner in McKinsey’s Seoul office where he leads the firm’s work in advanced industries. He brings deep expertise in mobility and connected technologies to companies in the automotive and high-tech sectors and works with executives to address strategic opportunities and pursue innovation and transformations.
Since joining McKinsey, Seunghyuk has advised leading Korean and global companies. Working with automotive suppliers, he leads projects to pursue new product strategies while enhancing competitiveness. He has led operational-performance turnarounds and supported cross-border mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence for automotive suppliers in Japan, Korea, and the United States.
Currently, he leads both the McKinsey Center for Future Mobility and the carbon-neutrality hub in Asia. Seunghyuk is actively working to expand McKinsey’s ability to address future-mobility trends and drive innovation for IoT.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading over 40 future-mobility projects, such as electric vehicles, autonomous driving, and air mobility across the entire value chain
- delivering more than 15 private-mortgage insurance value-up and turnaround programs in the automotive and industrial sectors in Korea, Germany, and the United States
- advising various multiyear transformation programs (e.g., carbon neutrality, digital, industry 4.0, lean, working capital) in Asia, Europe, and the United States
- providing end-to-end environmental, social, and governance diagnostics and improvement planning projects for an international automotive supplier
- conducting a multiyear carbon-neutrality transformation program with a global automotive supplier
- managing carbon-neutrality diagnostics project with global high-tech companies
Seunghyuk is a sought-after speaker at conferences and workshops, as well as an active contributor to Korean newspapers on business topics. Before joining McKinsey, he was a member of a corporate planning team for the semiconductor business of a leading electronics company.