Sanjay is a senior partner in McKinsey’s Houston office and leads the firm’s client service for sustainability investors. He also is the former managing partner of the Houston office and leader of the firm’s Oil & Gas Practice in the Americas.
Examples of Sanjay’s recent work include the following:
- evaluating purchases of over 100 energy or energy-transition assets by investors
- setting up and running the “war room” for the operational and political response to a major operational disruption for a large energy company
- leading the turnaround of an unconventional independent exploration and production company
- leading the carve out and subsequent merger integration of an oil-field-services business
- building a safety and operational risk-management organization for an international oil and gas company
- developing a turnaround and risk management plan for an energy trading business
- conducting due diligence on a fuel logistics company
- developing a long-term energy demand forecast for a large US city
Prior to joining McKinsey, Sanjay worked as a private-equity investor and for TechnoServe, a not-for-profit group focused on building agricultural businesses in the developing world.
In his spare time, Sanjay serves on the boards of the Houston Zoo and KIPP Texas Public Schools.