Sanjay is a senior partner and the managing partner of McKinsey’s Houston office, where he focuses on working with energy companies and private equity firms. He also leads the firm's Oil & Gas Practice in the Americas.
Examples of Sanjay’s recent work include:
- evaluating purchases of over 50 oil and gas assets by investors
- setting up and running the war room for the operational and political response to a major operational disruption for a major mining company
- organizing the root cause analysis and a long-term operational transformation following a string of accidents for a large, global transportation company
- leading the carve out and subsequent merger integration of an oil field services business
- building a safety and operational risk management organization for an international oil and gas company
- developing a turnaround and risk management plan for an energy trading business
- conducting due diligence on a fuel logistics company
- developing a long term energy demand forecast for a large US city
Outside McKinsey, Sanjay has worked as a private equity investor at a global growth equity firm and as a consultant in Peru for a not-for-profit firm focused on building agricultural businesses in the developing world.
In his spare time, he serves on the boards of KIPP Houston Public Schools and Venture for America.