Piotr is a senior partner in the New York office, where his primary client focus is helping financial institutions to operate and thrive in a business environment of sustained market volatility, rising regulatory levels, new technology risks, and complex geopolitical uncertainties. His work typically combines risk expertise with strategic, analytical, and operational insights to improve business economics, reduce process defects, and enhance operational- and compliance-risk profiles. Since joining McKinsey, in 1997, he has advised global universal banks, regional banks, broker—dealers, asset managers, and nonbank financial services firms on five continents.
Piotr’s client work spans a breadth of functional domains, including strategy, risk, operations, and organization. His recent assignments include the following:
- applying machine learning to improve credit-risk management
- identifying strategic-growth opportunities in retail banking
- transforming a corporate-compliance function
- improving a mortgage lender’s operational performance
- enhancing corporate stress-testing and capital-adequacy planning
- implementing an end-to-end risk identification and quantification process
Piotr convenes an annual industry forum of operational risk and compliance executives in North America. He also leads McKinsey’s knowledge efforts in this space, including regulatory compliance, technology risk, and BSA/AML. Piotr frequently publishes articles on risk and is quoted in leading journals on these topics.