Parag is a partner in McKinsey’s Chicago office. Since joining McKinsey, Parag has primarily served pharmaceutical and medical-products (PMP) companies across a broad range of topics such as operations, strategy, pricing, post-merger management, and marketing and sales effectiveness. Parag has deep expertise on operations topics such as digital and analytics, manufacturing strategy, supply-chain management, lean operations, product development, quality and risk assessment, and procurement. In addition, Parag leads McKinsey’s work in manufacturing strategy for North America, as well as our work in digital and analytics for PMP operations, globally.
Examples of his work include the following:
- leading a broad-based operations transformation of a generics pharmaceutical business, including supply chain, planning, manufacturing, and quality
- supporting a manufacturing-network-optimization effort for a pharmaceutical company to streamline operations; the effort included productivity, OH, overall equipment effectiveness, and strategic outsourcing decisions
- partnering on a supplier quality-management improvement effort at a large medical-device company. Assessed sources of risk, prioritized focus areas, developed supplier assessment and performance monitoring tools, developed high-level organizational structure and size, developed internal practices
- developing lean operations diagnostic at a manufacturing plant to identify opportunities to improve efficiency across all plant functions, including manufacturing, quality, laboratory, engineering, maintenance, procurement, finance, safety, distribution, and management and administrative areas
- leading post-merger integration effort at a large pharmaceutical company to prepare client to integrate assets acquired from two different companies. Effort included focus on commercial, manufacturing, and R&D functional areas
Prior to joining McKinsey, Parag worked for 7 years at Merck & Co. He has diverse experiences managing and leading multinational projects in manufacturing operations, technology transfer, new product development, supply chain, and program management in Singapore, the United States, and the United Kingdom.