Max is partner in the firm’s Lima office and leads our digital work in the Transformation Practice for consumer-packaged-goods (CPG) companies in Latin America.
Over his career, Max has accumulated deep performance transformation experience across levers within the consumer-goods industry, and has a strong background with CPG companies, digital and analytic transformations, performance transformations, M&A due diligence, and project-marketing management execution.
Some examples of Max’s recent work include the following:
- leading the process to launch new digital businesses within incumbent companies, including a foodservice company suppling restaurants, food-and-beverage CPG companies supplying the fragmented trade, and retailers serving direct-end consumers, among others
- leading the digital-and-analytic center of excellence design for a regional CPG group, which included a two-year roadmap agenda across organization structure, use-case execution, and data-infrastructure development
- leading the sales-journey transformation for a regional CPG company through microsegmentation, handheld application redesign, and a sales-force change-management program to enable a digital-and-analytics driven execution
- developing revenue-growth management recommendations in pricing by leveraging insights from shopper-purchase structures and cross elasticities for a regional North American company
- redesigning go-to-market models for a direct-store-delivery company leveraging segmentation models in fragmented trade
- leading the performance-transformation plan for a food producer to double its EBITDA performance in two years
- leading the due-diligence process and equity story to acquire household care, food-and-commodity manufacturing, and retail assets in the Latin American region, among others
- preparing the growth plan to double business and improve profits for a food manufacturer in the Caribbean
- leading procurement-transformation processes for global food company and a regional paper company
- guiding the finance function for a regional plant over four years, which was focused on operations-process efficiency, procurement, and compensation management
Prior to joining McKinsey 12 years ago, Max spent ten years with a multinational CPG company, which gave him extensive expertise in managing projects focused on marketing, sales and operations functions, financial analysis, and business transformations.
In addition to being a native Spanish speaker, Max is fluent in English and speaks conversational German.