Mauricio is the managing partner of McKinsey’s Santiago office and leads the Transformation Practice in Spanish-speaking Latin America. He serves a wide variety of industries such as energy, infrastructure, logistics, consumer, and entertainment, among others.
Examples of Mauricio’s recent work include the following:
- leading a major transformation for a logistics and infrastructure company across the Americas, substantially improving profitability over a two-year period
- developing the growth strategy and leading the transformation for a major energy company in Latin America, rapidly achieving a massive shift toward digital
- leading several transformations across assets for a major power company in Latin America
- developing the growth and digital strategy for a leading power-transmission company
- developing the digital strategy for a leading QSR company to accelerate its efforts and lead the sector in this field
- developing and implementing the digital strategy for a leading entertainment company in Latin America
Passionate about people-related topics, Mauricio is the recruiting partner for Latin America.
During his McKinsey career, Mauricio has worked in multiple countries across Latin America, Western Europe, and the Middle East. Prior to joining McKinsey, he worked for a hedge fund in New York and in corporate finance for an international metallurgic manufacturer. He is fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, English, and Hebrew.
Outside of McKinsey, Mauricio has been involved in several non-profit initiatives, most recently working with one of the leading opera houses in the world.