Matteo leads McKinsey’s B2C sales and channels work globally, with a specific focus on consumer goods, pharma, and healthcare. In this capacity, he offers advisory support to a wide array of consumer-facing companies as they seek growth through excellence in distribution and execution at point of sale.
Matteo has worked extensively on strategic, commercial, and organizational issues for leading fast-moving consumer goods companies, retailers, and pharma companies across the world. He helps clients find new sources of growth by boosting performance in areas such as customer management, route to market, salesforce deployment and automation, digitally-enabled in-store excellence, distributor network optimization, revenue growth management, advanced analytics for growth, and zero-based budgeting.
Examples of Matteo’s recent client projects include the following:
- supporting the international expansion of a leading food company across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, defining priorities, investments, marketing plan, and organizational implications
- defining market access approach and developing detailed implementation plans for a major pharmaceutical company looking to enter two new geographies
- developing and implementing a global revenue-management approach (both on-trade and off-trade) for the central commercial group of an international beer brewer
- turning around a major pharmacy chain in Europe, identifying growth and margin-enhancing initiatives and applying commercial best practices from B2C sectors
- reviewing route to market, sales force deployment, and automation to enhance profitability of a global beverage company in Russia following a major acquisition and integration
- developing a new service model for a major medtech company, including business plan, value proposition, customer journey design, and implementation plan
- performing outside-in due diligence of multiple potential targets and estimating synergies for a major confectionary company, including portfolio assessment, revenue-growth opportunity, and commercial capabilities review
- setting up and implementing a zero-based budgeting program for a major consumer healthcare company in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, identifying priority reinvestment opportunities to fuel growth through the resources identified
Outside McKinsey, Matteo has worked as a business process reengineering leader at a major Italian hospital and as a strategy manager at a British multinational banking and financial services company.