As the leader of Marketing Solutions, part of Periscope by McKinsey, Lars has worked on a broad range of marketing projects across industries and geographies. His more than 10 years of experience spans marketing strategy, digital marketing, marketing performance and return on investment, personalization, customer lifecycle management, marketing-spend optimization, branding, advanced marketing analytics, and marketing technology.
Examples of Lars’ recent client engagements include the following:
- designing and implementing a personalization approach and technology solution for a leading $40 billion-plus global hard-goods retailer, growing online sales by more than 25 percent
- setting up, implementing, and leading the European rollout of a new personalization engine for a leading $20 billion-plus European specialty retailer, increasing online revenues by more than15 percent
- supporting a large-scale transformation project for a $30 billion-plus US mobile company to improve marketing efficiency and reduce a marketing budget of more than $1 billion by 30 percent without negative sales impact
- identifying measures to reduce marketing spend by 15 percent in pilot categories for a €20 billion-plus global consumer-goods company, with rollout to more than 60 countries
- ·optimizing the marketing-budget allocation to reduce marketing spend by 20 percent and increasing customer value by €10 million for the German brand of a leading $50 billion European utility
- delivering 15 percent savings in marketing spend and increasing sales by 3 percent for a $1 billion-plus US electronics and appliances retailer
Before joining McKinsey, Lars was a research associate and lecturer in marketing at a management school in Germany.