Klemens is the leader of McKinsey Digital and our work in core technology in Europe. As an experienced transformation leader, he has created performance-based partnerships with digital leaders of prominent companies to lead digital transformations in technology, media and telecommunications, financial, advanced industries, and private-equity sectors.
Klemens brings deep expertise in business strategy, technology modernization, dealing with legacy IT architectures, agile organizations, M&A, technology enablement, innovation, and performance management in addition to product portfolio and technical-enablement issues.
Examples of Klemens’ recent client work include the following:
- managing the digital-transformation program for a multi-country banking institution by leveraging their driving towards a “one-platform” organization. The bank is currently recognized as the leader in consolidating operations and IT platform across countries
- driving the strategy of a leading P2P payment solution by obtaining 80 percent market penetration; now one of the most downloaded mobile apps
- managing a turnaround of a global advanced-industries organization—including direct product cost-out, performance management, major cash-flow improvements, and a 30 percent fixed-cost reduction
- designing the work on a multi-year transformation of a large telco private-equity buy-out in Europe, transforming it into a top performer in the industry and a telecommunications-relay service champion
- leading the strategy for one of the most innovative mobile companies in Eastern Europe, that has now taken 25 percent profitable market share and net-promoter score leadership
- leading the digital strategy for a global telco including overall financial ambitions and operational implementation
- driving a multi-year “Agile at scale” digital transformation in a telecom and media company by creating an organization targeting customer satisfaction, revenue, and reducing operational costs by 50 percent
Klemens has co-authored the book Fast Times: How Digital Winners Set Direction, Learn, and Adapt, an expert guide for senior executives who want to understand what really matters in digital business and what it takes to win.