Kevin is a leader in our Operations and Capital Projects & Infrastructure Practices focusing on transformations of natural-resource companies. Since joining McKinsey, he has been involved in a range of high-impact capital productivity and operational transformation projects.
Examples of Kevin’s recent client projects include the following:
- optimizing the execution strategy of an oil and gas megaproject to capture major improvements in cost and schedule performance
- designing and implementing a performance-management system for an oil and gas company to provide early warning of cost and schedule variance
- driving cost and schedule improvements for an upstream oil and gas megaproject by developing and implementing a structured field-productivity program
- helping the owner of an oil and gas megaproject manage exposure to change orders and claims during project closeout
- developing and implementing a rigorous process for a pipeline operator to optimize its capital-maintenance portfolio
- reducing maintenance costs for a large-scale mine by optimizing its maintenance strategy, improving labor productivity, implementing contractor-management practices, and reducing material spend on components
- transforming a public-sector client’s cash forecasting processes to ensure predictable delivery of its capital portfolio
Before joining McKinsey, Kevin worked as a project engineer at an engineering-design company. As an engineer, he led the mechanical design of multiple projects, managed a four-person team comprising engineering consultants and design technicians, and provided construction advisory services related to the installation of proprietary equipment.