Karolina is a partner in McKinsey’s Madrid office and is one of the leaders in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) Practice. She works together with executives as they are looking to find sources and avenues of growth, boost performance, address changing market conditions and customer needs, or digitize and adapt their operating models. She has led several transformations for technology and telecommunications organizations covering major areas of the business.
Karolina leads the firm’s B2B digital and analytics work across sectors and the firm’s service for B2B telecom, advising the enterprise units of telecommunications companies on their growth strategies. She has also been leading McKinsey’s COVID-19 response for operators. She often works closely with CFOs to enhance performance management and ensure delivery to the bottom-line.
Karolina spent five years in Asia and has been based in Europe since 2012. Examples of her recent work include the following:
- B2B strategy and growth plan for a European telecom operator across multiple countries
- designing and executing a growth and transformation plan for a leading operator covering all major areas of the business including consumer, enterprise, network, and supporting functions
- setting up a digital operator in Europe
- leading the IoT B2B strategy and plan for a telco company
- leading the post-merger integration for a major B2B company in the TMT sector
- leading the 3-5 year business plan for a major TMT company
Before joining McKinsey, Karolina worked for a strategy consultancy in Germany and China. She was also a business manager at the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China. Karolina holds a PhD from the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen as well as MBA and MA degrees.