Jonathan leads McKinsey’s global work in marketing and brand strategy, helping consumer companies construct marketing strategies and build capabilities that drive top-line growth. Since joining McKinsey in our London office in 1995, Jonathan has served many consumer clients across a range of categories. His client projects span financial services, packaged goods, and automotive, and his recent work includes:
- marketing-led growth program for a leading credit card issuer
- business transformation for the luxury division of a global automotive player
- analytics transformation at a large media player
- mass and premium portfolio strategy for a leading beer company
- brand re-design for a regional bank
- brand strategy for a rapidly growing cosmetics brand
- sports sponsorship strategy in beverage and electronics
Jonathan recently co-authored the McKinsey Quarterly article “The Dawn of Marketing’s New Golden Age.” He is a major contributor to our knowledge, and his work has been published in leading journals, including The Economist, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, Business Insider, and Financial Times.
Before joining McKinsey, Jonathan worked as a brand manager at Procter & Gamble. Originally from Ireland, he graduated from the University of Oxford with first-class honors in biochemistry.