Jan is a senior partner based out of our Tokyo office and his client service focuses on topics in areas such as strategy, commercial and operational transformations, and organization. His consulting experiences include projects in Asia, Europe, and North and South America.
Examples of his work include the following:
- leading a broad-based commercial and operational transformation for a global food company, including revenue growth management, marketing effectiveness, design-to-value efforts, and procurement transformation
- developing a multiyear innovation strategy for a leading global consumer company to build a three-to-five-year road map; the focus of the work was deep root-cause analysis of current challenges and transforming into a new ecosystem that delivers more breakthrough innovation
- guiding the global margin transformation for a leading food and beverage company, including topics such as zero-based budgeting, trade and promotion effectiveness, and network transformation
- leading a holistic operations transformation for a leading consumer-packaged-goods company, including the development of a comprehensive supply chain strategy and an end-to-end lean transformation of the extended enterprise
- building a comprehensive corporate and business strategy for a multidivisional agriculture company; the work included a detailed multimarket assessment and development of market-by-market deep dives
- driving the holistic turnaround of a private equity-owned company; the focus of the work was to expand top- and bottom-line results in one to two years through distribution, revenue growth management, network restructuring, design to value, manufacturing, and organizational levers
Prior to joining McKinsey, Jan held different roles in merchandising and store operations at a German retailer and worked in engineering for a car manufacturer. He is fluent in English, German, and Spanish.