Jakob is a partner in McKinsey’s Cologne office and a leader in McKinsey’s Transformation Practice in Europe. He is also a global leader of McKinsey’s cash excellence work.
Jakob brings more than 17 years of experience in cash management and operational and financial restructuring. He has led several transformations often acting as CTO. He has served clients in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa across different industries including travel, chemicals, automotive, consumer goods, and retail.
Examples of Jakob’s recent client work include the following:
- leading holistic transformations for several companies in the aviation sector in the Middle East and Africa acting as CTO
- leading a cash and working capital improvement program delivering more than $1 billion in impact for a large global advanced industries company
- serving as CTO for an Eastern European advanced industries company focusing on the turnaround of its legacy business and developing a new adjacent business
- orchestrating the holistic transformation of a business unit for a European chemicals company focusing on improvements across revenue, cost, cash, organizational health, and supporting an M&A process
- leading the holistic turnaround of European operations for a United States based furniture producer including sales and product portfolio optimization and cost reduction
- serving as interim CFO for a European company in the construction industry implementing working capital measures and refinancing
- leading the full-scale turnaround of a German automotive supplier focusing on strategic realignment, planning, and management of improvement actions, complex stakeholder management, integrated business planning, and M&A support