Ishaan is a senior partner in McKinsey’s Melbourne office and has over 15 years’ experience advising private- and public-sector clients on growth and portfolio strategy, corporate finance, commercial excellence, end-to-end transformation, organizational change, digital and analytics, and capital project execution.
His work spans infrastructure, transport and logistics, telecommunications, asset management, natural resources, industrials, real estate, and defense. Recent examples include the following:
- supporting a technology and telecommunications group on a multiyear transformation journey spanning corporate strategy, portfolio strategy growth, and organizational design
- improving execution for a global mining company’s major projects and achieving a sustained uplift in operating and capital productivity at its flagship site
- supporting a B2B distribution business on accelerating growth, optimizing pricing, and improving sourcing
- supporting a global building-systems group on driving commercial excellence, improving project execution, and refining its operating model
- supporting a diversified global private-markets investor as it defined its corporate strategy, developed plans to achieve climate aspirations, and realized opportunities to leverage digital and analytics to reduce capital and operating costs across its portfolio
- supporting a diversified real estate developer and operator on its corporate strategy, establishing a third-party investments business, and entering new asset classes
- supporting an infrastructure delivery agency to identify opportunities to reduce cost and risk on a major roads project while achieving step-change infrastructure productivity across the wider industry
- supporting an infrastructure-services company’s development of its digitization roadmap with a focus on the advanced analytics program, including identifying use cases, planning investments, and establishing governance
- supporting a private sector infrastructure owner on its capital program spanning approximately 240 projects and roughly $15 billion, including prioritizing the portfolio under budget constraints, making challenging trade-off decisions, and managing contingency
Ishaan serves on the board of the committee for Melbourne, where he chairs the “Transport Taskforce.” He also co-chairs our global infrastructure initiative and helps guide the firm’s perspective on infrastructure matters.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Ishaan worked as a lawyer in London and Tokyo where he advised some of the world’s leading corporations on challenging project finance and M&A transactions.