Inga Maurer first became involved with McKinsey over a decade ago and is currently based in our Chicago office. She focuses on strategy and a broad range of operations topics for automotive and diversified industrial companies, including strategy and holistic performance transformation. Examples of her recent client work include:
- leading a comprehensive material cost transformation for a global tier-1 automotive supplier to capture commercial cost opportunities through fact- and clean-sheet-based negotiations, as well as technical opportunities via design-to-value assessments and competitive teardown workshops
- assessing growth opportunities for a major global commercial truck OEM with the Association of Southeastern Asian Nations (ASEAN) and China; conducting a detailed market assessment across key countries, identifying potential partnerships, and sizing their value creation opportunities
- developing an end-to-end performance transformation for the dealerships of a leading North American automotive OEM, resulting in 50% gross profit improvements and increased service attachment rates
- assessing online-offline customer journeys for a leading North American automotive OEM and identifying opportunities to increase lead conversions from the website to the dealership
- redesigning the manufacturing footprint of a leading global truck OEM, resulting in a significantly advantaged cost position, enabling a 10% increase in market share
While earning her MBA at Harvard Business School, Inga was a member of a diverse array of storied campus organizations and societies, such as the Venture Capital & Private Equity Club, the Alpha Fund, the Turnaround Club, and the Automotive Club. She is also proficient in German and French.