Florian is deeply knowledgeable in the future of operations in the travel, logistics, and infrastructure sector. He brings insights to clients around the globe on how e-commerce and digitization will affect logistics and parcel operations as well as freight forwarding.
Florian is one of the initiators and leaders of McKinsey’s Strategic Network Analytic Center, which leverages its members’ deep industry and advanced-analytics expertise to answer complex network questions.
Examples of his recent client engagements include the following:
- supporting major postal and parcel companies in Asia, Europe, and North America in optimizing their hub networks and last-mile operations to capture the e-commerce opportunity, projects that included building or upgrading more than 100 sorting facilities, doubling network capacity, and redesigning the delivery-base network with approximately 100 new locations
- leading a major distribution company in North America in its transformation to become more customer focused and address issues related to e-commerce
- helping a waste broker in North America optimize its transportation network, including the routing sector, reducing cost by more than 10 percent
- supporting a major global air and ocean forwarder with its transformation and goal of doubling earnings before interest and taxes
- helping a European railway company improve operations, particularly on-time performance, by 10 percent