Florian is deeply knowledgeable in the logistics and infrastructure sector. He brings insights to clients around the globe on how e-commerce and digitization will affect logistics and parcel operations as well as freight forwarding. He leads McKinsey’s Travel, Logistics & Infrastructure Practice in Germany and Austria, as well as our global eCommerce logistics initiatives.
Examples of his recent client engagements include the following:
- supporting major postal and parcel companies in Asia, Europe, and North America in optimizing hub networks and last-mile operations to capture e-commerce opportunities that included building or upgrading more than 100 sorting facilities, doubling network capacity, and redesigning the delivery-base network with approximately 100 new locations
- helping a global container shipping company define and execute on its strategy
- leading a full transformation at a large European rail infrastructure operator
- supporting a major global air-and-ocean forwarder with its transformation and goal of doubling earnings before interest and taxes
- helping a European railway company improve operations, particularly on-time performance, by ten percent