Erwann is a leader of McKinsey's insurance and risk work in North America. He brings 20 years of experience defining and executing value creation strategies and at-scale impact to clients on topics of transformation, resilience, risk management, organizational effectiveness, risk culture, behavioral economics, and decision making. He is passionate about developing and applying digital innovations to improve business competitiveness and public sector service.
Examples of Erwann’s client work include the following:
- helping a federal agency elaborate its new strategy to measurably increase resilience and adoption of risk protection across the United States, leveraging state and private sector collaboration at scale
- redesigning a global insurer operating in more than 40 countries to align with the new strategic direction of the group
- conducting risk culture diagnostics at several leading insurers to measurably assess and improve risk-taking at all levels of the organization, and execute new initiatives to strengthen risk culture and mindset
- helping CROs of leading insurers on topics of organizational design, climate risk, and opportunities and non-financial risks
- supporting companies on their M&A strategy approach and execution—pre and post-merger
- conducting a holistic and structured transformation of a multiline insurer to double profitability and improve customer experience, using both efficiency and new growth levers
- helping a leading global professional association redefine how the profession might look in 2030 given global trends, and prepare for a successful transition
Before joining McKinsey in 2017, Erwann held senior positions at leading corporations, not-for-profits, international organizations, and academic institutions in the Americas and Europe.
He was recognized by the World Economic Forum as one of the world’s most remarkable leaders under the age of 40, is a founding member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Risks Initiative, and has been a regular speaker in Davos. He has also served as an advisor to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the United Nations, and the World Bank.
Erwann also has published extensively in leading media outlets, including Bloomberg, Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Economist, the New York Times, the Washington Post, Le Monde, and Le Figaro.