Erikhans is the global leader of small capital projects and portfolio optimization, part of the firm’s Capital Excellence Practice.
With over 15 years of experience at McKinsey, he offers deep expertise in optimizing small and midsize capital projects and portfolios, as well as frontline manufacturing, operations, and strategy. He predominantly serves oil and gas, oil-field services, chemical, utility, and telecommunications clients.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading an operational transformation across manufacturing, procurement, and supply chain for a leading chemicals company
- helping a global oil and gas company to reduce capital expenditure (capex) by 10 percent on a megaproject
- advising a leading utility on a small capex capital-productivity improvement program, generating 15 percent savings
- serving a leading utility’s nuclear plants, reducing capex by 25 percent
- leading a capital-allocation improvement transformation for a leading telecommunications company with more than $15 billion in annual capex