Eric is a senior partner and also serves as McKinsey’s CFO and is a member of the firm’s Shareholders’ Council, our global governance board and the operating team in service of the firm and its partners. Since joining McKinsey, Eric has served technology, media, telecommunications, and industrial companies across the value chain, including large telecommunications operators, prominent software companies, leading technology conglomerates, and semiconductor companies.
As the former global leader of the firm’s Technology, Media & Telecommunications Practice, Eric has led transformations across the globe and helped build its capabilities and perspectives across this sector. He was instrumental in the firm’s initiative to serve early-stage, B2B technology companies.
Deeply committed to McKinsey’s gender research, Eric helped establish the firm’s partnership with Lean In—a not for profit dedicated to supporting women—to develop a holistic diagnostic and longitudinal benchmark to understand how McKinsey can help companies create an environment for women to succeed in the workforce.
Eric is also a member of the Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice, where he has played an important role advancing our work in corporate growth. As a thought leader at McKinsey, Eric is a sought-after speaker and author.
Examples of Eric’s recent work include the following:
- leading a complete turnaround of a large storage companies—including strategy, M&A, integration, and transformation—doubling the size of the company
- guiding the platform transformation of a leading B2B software and media company, including rebasing costs, developing platform strategy, executing the transition plan, and redesigning the organization
- steering the restructuring of a midsize software company, including the transformation office, pricing execution, backend process redesign, sourcing, and strategy
- leading the sales transformation of a large tech companies, building capabilities to develop and sell solutions for analytics and digital
- leading an analytics-driven growth program for a large telecom operators
- leading a holistic performance transformation of a leading telecom equipment provider
Outside of McKinsey, Eric serves on the boards of Silicon Valley Leadership Group and Hopkins School, and he is a member of Young Presidents’ Organization. Eric is an avid and competitive golfer, skier, and Yankees fan.