Eric has nearly 20 years of consulting and industry experience serving global automakers, their suppliers, and other mobility companies. His work as a leader of McKinsey’s global urban-mobility team seeks to understand and develop cutting-edge perspectives on the cross-sector implications of mobility trends.
Recent examples of his work include the following:
- supporting the development of a megacity’s pollution-abatement strategy to significantly reduce particulate matter within 12 months
- working with a global oil and gas producer to identify and quantify the long- term strategic and margin impacts of emerging mobility trends
- identifying new adjacent business opportunities in new mobility markets for a downstream oil and gas company
- developing and coauthoring a model for a policy-organization report—outlining a strategy for the large-scale deployment of electric—resulting in a multibillion dollar congressional initiative
- designing a growth-strategy product for the emissions-product division of a large tier-one automotive supplier, identifying a viable path to tripling revenue within 7 years
- leading a product-development improvement program for a premium automotive OEM, identifying and implementing core process improvements as well as applying an innovative solution for increasing project teams’ overall performance, leading to a 20 percent improvement in their performance
Prior to joining McKinsey, Eric held various product-development and manufacturing positions at a major automotive manufacturer in both the United States and Germany.