Dieuwert is a senior partner for McKinsey in the Netherlands. In his advisory work, he serves companies in the energy sector and in other similarly process-intensive industries such as metals and chemicals.
Since joining McKinsey in 1998, Dieuwert has developed extensive experience on a range of strategic topics. He helps top executives address market-level trends and develop a future vision that directs and prioritizes investment. He advises companies to improve their competitive position, from setting a board-level strategy to implementing programs that boost operational performance. Dieuwert also helps companies shape the right organization and make better use of digital technologies and data analytics.
Examples of Dieuwert’s recent client work include the following:
- defining and executing a manufacturing program driven by advanced analytics—recognized by the World Economic Forum for transformational innovation—for a leading steel producer
- architecting a multiyear operational improvement effort for the generation business of a leading utility, focused on front-line operations, procurement, and support functions
- formulating a market outlook and vision for a major renewables company, including a multi-billion euro-pipeline investment
- redesigning the organization of a process-industry company, including restructuring the top executive team
- defining a vision and strategy based on market trends for the first cross-border transmission power company
- developing an overall strategy for a gas-infrastructure company addressing shifts in market structure and identifying strategic investments for pipelines, storage, and liquefied natural gas (LNG) regasification terminals
- leading a transformation of a steel plant, improving productivity, maintenance, procurement, support functions, and team leadership