Dexter is an expert in our Southern California office, and coleads the firm’s work across the electrification value chain in North America while serving clients across the firm’s Automotive & Assembly, McKinsey Sustainability, and Chemicals Practices. He also specializes in our manufacturing and supply chain as well as capital excellence sectors.
Having served both disruptors and industry leaders in electric vehicles (EV), battery technology, and advanced electronics, Dexter brings first-hand experience in gigafactory industrialization and the global supply chain, and has served clients across North America, Europe, and Greater China
Examples of his recent work include the following:
- developing market-entry strategy for multiple chemicals groups in North America and Europe
- transforming supply chain operations for advanced electronics OEMs from order to delivery
- setting up internationalization strategy for a battery-technology provider
- helping battery systems OEMs set up procurement strategies
- developing market-entry strategy for a major construction and utilities company in the EV value chain
- performing due diligence across the electrification value chain
Having worked across six countries on three continents, Dexter is a globalist at heart and is fluent in English, Chinese, Finnish, and French. Prior to McKinsey, Dexter worked for leading EV, battery technology and electronics OEMs, building global supply chains and scaling up production in North America, Europe, and Greater China.