Darryl started at the firm as a summer associate, joined full-time in 2008, and is now the managing partner of the St. Louis office. He has led strategic and operational engagements for senior leadership teams in a variety of sectors, including manufacturing, chemicals, transport and logistics, consumer, and financial services.
Examples of his work include the following:
- leading an enterprise-wide transformation for a major industrial producer, including overall diagnostics of strategy, commercial functions, operations, and sourcing
- tackling strategic cross-functional challenges including demand shaping to optimize operations in logistics and agriculture
- developing a multiyear growth strategy to achieve enterprise-wide aspirations for a chemical manufacturer
- leading multiple engagements in customer experience and voice-of-customer, including: market-back growth strategy in chemicals and services; product design, pricing, and demand shaping in logistics; and market-specific strategies in financial services
- crafting service offerings to improve customer experience, in both B2B (logistics) and B2C (financial services) organizations
- implementing advanced simulation modeling to address strategic challenges, such as major capital projects for a large transportation provider, and production planning in agriculture
- conducting private-equity due diligence in industrial materials and consumer durables
Before joining McKinsey, Darryl was a F/A-18 weapons systems officer in the US Marine Corps. He is a TOPGUN graduate and has served in a variety of instructor and leadership roles.