Dan is the co-leader of the firm’s Operations Practice globally, as well as the managing partner of McKinsey’s Stamford office. He serves manufacturing (e.g., CPG, industrial) and service (e.g., retail, rental companies) clients on end-to-end operations issues across procurement, planning, manufacturing, and logistics. Through his client work and research, he leads the firm’s thinking on operations collaboration.
In his career, Dan has helped global consumer and retail companies identify and achieve deep improvements in their supply chains. His recent work includes helping a leading food manufacturer design and implement an end-to-end supply chain transformation program across multiple business units and regions. The project focused on direct and indirect procurement, manufacturing four-wall performance, and building a more responsive supply chain, spanning network design to planning and inventory management. In the process, more than $500 million in cost reductions were identified and achieved.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- assisting a CPG manufacturer with developing a supply chain transformation strategy and priority workstreams to target a more than $2 billion increase in margin over 5 years
- helping a $3 billion food manufacturer undertake an end-to-end supply chain performance transformation program to achieve a more than $200 million improvement
- working with a leading food manufacturer to accelerate performance transformation, resulting in a significant increase in margin
- helping an industrial manufacturing company to drive a commercial transformation across its three business units, leading to meaningful sales and pricing performance
- driving a fundamental turnaround of an inbound supply chain to the biggest plant at a heavy equipment manufacturer that led to an increase in machine availability and output
- working to drive a fundamental performance transformation for a CPG manufacturer across the enterprise to deliver 400-plus basis points of bottom-line margin performance
Prior to joining McKinsey, Dan worked with the supply chain organization at a global consumer packaged goods company.