Carsten’s core passion is to help clients achieve lasting impact, particularly through end-to-end digital transformations and strategy programs.
Carsten has used advanced analytics and classic consulting to help clients in many transformations and has served multiple private-equity players on company transformations, 100-day programs, due diligence, and vendor due diligence.
Examples of his recent client work include:
- leading more than 100 due-diligence engagements, more than 15 vendor-due-diligence engagements, and more than 10 IPO engagements, across nearly all industries,
- directing more than 20 merger-management engagements, including three-company mergers
- supporting a digital-performance transformation that increased earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization by more than 110 percent in 18 months
- guiding an End-to-end transformation that increased market cap to $3 billion, from $300 million, by applying digital technology and advanced analytics and by creating an agile organization
- aiding a sales transformation that reduced working capital by €1 billion and improved earnings before interest and taxes by €300 million
- creating a digital strategy for a global $30 billion company
- directing the transformation of a €1 billion private-equity-portfolio company across all operations, significantly reducing costs in purchasing; selling, general, and administrative functions; and supply chain
- leading global sales transformations, comprising headquarter strategies, country-growth strategies, and retail transformations
Carsten has advised Save the Children, the Catholic Church, and Welthungerhilfe. He lives in Berlin with his family.