Bernhard serves leading global institutions on tech-enabled performance transformations across the world’s main geographies, with a focus on bottom-line improvements and organizational change in the automotive and industrial sector.
Bernhard also co-leads our digital and analytics work for automotive and industrial clients across Europe.
Bernhard helps companies that face threats from changing market environments and industry disruptions apply new operating models and cutting edge technology for lasting performance improvements.
Examples of Bernhard’s recent work include the following:
- shaping and implementing a tech-enabled performance transformation for an international automotive supplier, also taking over an interim executive role as Chief Transformation Officer
- supporting the CEO and board of a large global automotive OEM to develop breakthrough ideas in order to innovate the business model to prepare for the “next normal” in a post COVID-19 environment
- developing a future operating model for a mid-sized industrial client in response to disruptive forces in the industry
- implementing an EBIT improvement program for a large industrial tier-one company focusing on material cost reduction, global footprint, and pricing optimization
- creating and implementing the “digital twin” concept at a premium automotive OEM, building a virtual replica of the physical product across the entire product lifecycle
- designing an analytics-based pricing optimization for an industrial client, leveraging advanced analytics algorithms to improve margin
- designing and delivering an end-to-end digital transformation for a leading automotive tier-one supplier, including definition of strategy, development of digital capabilities ("digital factory"), and launch of agile pilots
- ramping up a new digital service business unit for an automotive OEM, shifting from a product orientation to targeted offers based on industry verticals
Bernhard has deep experience and know-how on industry-shaping technologies such as digital twin, IoT, cloud, AI, and automation from working with OEMs, suppliers, machinery companies, and technology companies.