Ben is the global leader of McKinsey Academy, our center of excellence for capability building. Through McKinsey Academy, he directs work to help organizations build their internal capacity for driving lasting change. Ben is also a leader in McKinsey’s Transformation and People & Organizational Performance Practices.
Since joining McKinsey in 2014, Ben has worked across sectors, including industries like industrial and manufacturing services, financial services, and healthcare that typically operates on a large scale. Partnering with executives, he helps companies pursue ambitious and complex transformation programs that require making fundamental change to their organizations, introducing new high-performance infrastructures, and helping tens of thousands of employees build new skills.
Ben supports and enables leadership teams to sustain performance and has launched more than two dozen at-scale transformations. In aggregate, these transformation efforts have generated billions of dollars of value.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading a holistic transformation effort for a Fortune 100 financial-services company with ambitious growth, customer, employee, and financial-performance aspirations; the effort required scaling up capability building to thousands of employees
- launching a broad-based transformation effort for a global advanced-industry company that required mobilizing 2,000 initiative owners and scaling up capability building for more than 50,000 employees
- designing a foundational capability-building program, applicable to any sector, that gives learners new transformation skills, changes behavior, and instills new values; across tens of thousands of participants, 94 percent of them rated the experience positively
- leading the central team for a sweeping transformation program for a top healthcare insurer, orchestrating multiple workstreams and integrating more than 1,500 individual initiatives
- establishing a transformation function, coaching the chief technology officer, and leading capability-building efforts for a global agriculture company seeking performance transformation
- driving a transformation program for a global chemicals company that boosted share price while improving organizational health metrics substantially versus industry benchmarks