Asad focuses on supporting clients in the automotive and industrial equipment industries in executing large-scale strategic transformation programs to achieve the full potential of their organizations across all key revenue, cost, and organizational levers. He is a core member of the McKinsey Center for Future Mobility and serves clients on a range of topics related to mobility disruptions.
Examples of Asad’s work include the following:
- developing an advanced analytics solution for automotive incentive strategy to drastically improve predictive accuracy and unlock savings by optimizing incentive allocation
- leading a holistic profitability program at a large US automotive car manufacturer, covering all key revenue, cost, and organizational health levers
- developing a Mobility as a Service (MaaS) strategy for a global automotive player, building on the company’s capabilities and brand positioning to target new segments and business models
- managing a growth transformation program for a major industrial manufacturer to identify new market opportunities and launch execution, to accelerate growth and double EBITDA within three years
- rapidly streamlining the support function structure for a major commercial vehicle company, achieving significant efficiencies across the HR, finance, IT, legal, and marketing and sales functions
- leading a procurement cost reduction effort at a major tier-one automotive supplier, achieving a significant reduction on direct material spend as part of a larger transformation program