Arnout is the leader of McKinsey's work with energy clients in Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg, as well as the coleader of the energy and materials sector in that region. He also leads McKinsey’s global client service on hydrogen for energy and materials clients.
Arnout helps his clients successfully deliver strategies and enduring performance improvements, and collaborates with them to realize and achieve high ambitions. His clients span the full breadth of the energy and energy-intense landscape: energy companies, developers, infrastructure groups, technology scale-ups and investors, but also chemicals and steel companies. In his role of hydrogen lead, he serves clients across all continents on strategy, business building and project delivery in hydrogen.
Arnout’s recent client work includes the following:
- transforming the performance of a downstream oil-and-gas operator toward sustainable and high returns
- reducing the costs for major capital projects and operating costs in gas power generation, offshore wind, refining and steel
- defining the portfolio strategy for a leading energy company in light of the changing energy landscape across the oil and gas and renewables sectors
- scaling multiple hydrogen equipment technology manufacturers to realize ambitioned growth, returns, and capacity
- strengthening the top-team culture and shaping the performance-transformation journey for an electric utility
Before joining McKinsey, Arnout held various engineering roles. He is currently responsible for many of our people functions within the firm’s Amsterdam office, including recruiting, staffing, and professional development.