Arne is a leader in the People & Organizational Performance Practice. He is the cofounder of Aberkyn, our dedicated leadership facilitation group within the People & Organizational Performance Practice, and a global leader of McKinsey Academy, which is dedicated to building executive and frontline capabilities for clients at scale.
In all these capacities, Arne improves both the quality and impact of executive leadership, building lasting institutional capabilities that drive transformational, visionary change.
More broadly, Arne works across sectors, such as banking, telecommunications, energy, public sector, and healthcare to develop comprehensive transformation programs that shift strategy, boost operational performance, and improve organizational health. In nearly two decades at McKinsey, he has helped thousands of business and government executives hone and expand their leadership and make change happen.
Arne has extensive experience across Europe, the Middle East, and Asia—in particular Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Pakistan, China, Korea, and Australia.
Recent examples of his client work include the following:
- developing a new operating model, a leadership development approach, and capability-building programs for the leading Southeast Asian utility
- crafting a new operating model, building a corporate academy, and changing core HR systems—such as performance management, rewards, and recruiting—for a leading global pulp and paper group
- helping to create a new strategy, operating model, and leadership and succession processes for a founder- and entrepreneur-owned Southeast Asian real-estate company
- supporting an Australian energy company to change from traditional to agile operating model, including structure and people processes redesign
- leading multiple top-team and top-50 leadership-development programs for family-owned, multinational, and local-champion companies across Asia in sectors such as pharmaceuticals, agriculture technology, healthcare, and finance
- designing and delivering a global leadership program for 1,000 executives in a large Korean family-owned multinational, integrating a new mission in support of market repositioning
- supporting the transformation strategy for the Asia-Pacific division of a global medical technology company, including organizational health strategy, leadership development of top 200, and talent-system redesign
- crafting a human-resources strategy for a leading European telecommunications company, including design and delivery of a leadership program for top executives
- supporting the lean transformation of a leading Dutch health-insurance company, including realignment of the commercial strategy and establishment of a leadership academy to train executives in lean operations
- developing an extensive merger integration and growth strategy for a global dairy cooperative, including organizational design, executive-leadership development, and postmerger human-resources system redesign
Arne has contributed to the books Beyond Performance, Reorg, Mobilizing Minds, and Blue Ocean Strategy.
Passionate about education, Arne founded leerKRACHT Foundation, working with teachers in more than 150 Dutch schools to mentor young students of Moroccan origin. He also volunteers with a network of schools for gifted children and has helped strategy development for several universities.