Arnau is an expert in pricing and commercial excellence across B2B sectors and a leader of McKinsey’s B2B dynamic pricing work globally. He helps leading B2B companies to take their commercial capabilities to new horizons and supports less advanced companies in reaching the next level of commercial and pricing excellence. Arnau has managed the deployment of dynamic pricing models in more than 25 B2B companies, including automotive, chemical, high-tech, mining, utility, metal, semiconductor, spare-part, and agriculture companies, achieving a 2 to 7 percent return-on-sales (RoS) impact.
Additionally, Arnau is a pioneer in leveraging advanced analytics to help B2B companies gain additional insights they can us to optimize pricing and sales decisions. He serves clients across Asia, having previously advised companies in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and the United States.
Examples of Arnau’s recent client engagements include the following:
- leading a technology company’s comprehensive three-year sales transformation, including defining new organization and processes, launching full-capability-building initiatives, designing and running sales-push programs, and building new commercial and pricing models, achieving more than €600 million in bottom-line impact
- developing, implementing, and rolling out a specialty-chemical client’s dynamic pricing model, including a new cloud-based pricing solution and capability building of sales teams, resulting in an €100 million annual impact (8 percent RoS)
- leading a prominent medtech company’s pricing-excellence transformation, deploying dynamic deal scoring on the product business and aftermarket-commercial excellence for services to achieve a more than €150 million impact
- helping a leading technology company with a multiyear journey to develop new commercial models and capabilities when transitioning from hardware to software and subscription pricing, with a more than €350 million impact
- supporting the end-to-end pre- and postmerger integration of the commercial aspects of two large high-tech companies, with work that included organization and process design, synergies, and day-one readiness
- executing a short-term pricing transformation for a distributor, achieving 2 percent RoS in 100 days