Alex is a leader in McKinsey’s work in the building technology, chemicals, construction, energy, machinery, materials, and packaging industries, and directs our work in the industrials sector in Switzerland. Most of his projects reflect his expertise in strategy development, M&A, operating-model design, sustainability, technology, and IoT in industrial B2B situations.
Notable examples of Alex’s recent work include the following:
- leading business transformations to enable businesses reaching new levels of performance, including growth, profitability, and health
- building long-term business unit and corporate strategies for several companies in the specialty chemicals, materials, and machinery industries
- supporting industrial companies as they screen potential M&A targets, conduct due diligence, and facilitate synergy capture during post-merger integrations
- redesigning and implementing new operating models, from organization and processes to people systems and cultural change
- building and scaling new IoT and technology-enabled businesses for “traditional” industrial organizations in the chemical, machinery, and building-technology industries
- developing the corporate-sustainability agenda, and executing it via both decarbonization as well as “green growth”
Alex joined McKinsey in 2008. He studied in Switzerland, the United States, Singapore, and the Netherlands.