Hyejin brings deep expertise in innovation and organization with a focus on the consumer goods and retail industries in Asia. She has extensive experience in designing and implementing multiyear corporate-wide transformation programs, which include re-setting group portfolio strategies, implementing governance and organizational changes, and cross-border M&A or post-merger management (PMM).
Her recent project experience includes the following:
- developing and implementing a transformation program to establish a new vision, portfolio direction, and corporate center and governance scheme for a leading retail group in Korea for enhanced agility and transparency
- designing corporate center key functions for a beauty player in Korea to cope with fast-paced globalization
- advising diversified conglomerates in Korea to re-evaluate and streamline their overseas investments and joint ventures for maximum portfolio value
- supporting M&A and PMM for an Asia-based private-equity company in multiple industries
- developing a growth strategy and global operating model for a leading hotel and travel player in Korea
Prior to working at McKinsey, Hyejin was the executive managing director at Doosan group, where she gained in-depth expertise in corporate transformation and cross-border PMM. At Doosan, she led the strategic planning group, in charge of corporate strategy, corporate branding and marketing, and PMM for cross-border M&As and change management.
Hyejin is a recognized thought leader on business and social issues, particularly those relating to organization and future planning. She is a member of the Future Planning Committee of the Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning, and she also co-leads the corporate-culture-improvement initiative with the Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry.