Luis is a Senior Partner in the Johannesburg Office.
Luis joined McKinsey in 1994, was elected partner in 2002 and Senior Partner in 2008.
Luis currently leads our Banking and Insurance practices in Africa, but in the past has served as Managing Partner of our Portugal office and leader of our EMEA Marketing in Banking Practice.
In August 2015 Luis relocated to Johannesburg with his family.
Examples of recent projects
- Defining strategy and actual implementation of the first Digital Attacker bank in one of the large African economies
- Defining Retail Digital strategy for a major South African Bank
- Defining International expansion opportunity for a leading South African financial institution
- Applying innovative corporate credit portfolio restructuring approach for a Sub-Saharan development bank
- Helping deliver a major retail growth transformation for a leading Nigerian bank
- Assessing partnership opportunity in the Corporate and Investment Banking space
- Assisting on the complete overhaul of the Digital Channel of a large Southern African bank
- Developing and helping launch a productivity and efficiency transformation for a leading south African retail bank