Yoshi Takanuki is a Senior Partner in McKinsey’s London office, where he leads our industrial sector and Operations Practice. He combines his expertise in both of these areas to advise companies as they undertake performance transformations.
Yoshi brings more than 15 years of experience to his work in counselling the world's leading manufacturers from major automotive original-equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and machinery manufacturers to global aerospace organisations. He has been engaged in more than 200 operations-improvement projects and has contributed to several company-wide transformation efforts.
Examples of Yoshi’s recent work include the following:
- implementing a performance turnaround for a key global manufacturer, covering everything from revenue enhancements to operating model transformation
- reducing the rising complexity of product engineering and production engineering for a major automotive company, in light of ongoing technology disruptions and diversification
- supporting an end-to-end performance-improvement design and execution for a large-scale global manufacturer, addressing the portfolio redesign, headcount strategy, sales enhancement, and cost improvements
- designing and executing sizeable cost-improvement efforts with a prominent global manufacturer, involving sites across the globe
- building corporate strategy for a market-leading OEM, developing business functions and consolidating a global company-wide strategy
As the global lead of procurement and supply management for the firm, Yoshi brings deep expertise in operations, including some breakthroughs in digital operations, and serves a number of advisory boards outside the firm.