Yohan is a partner in McKinsey’s Japan office and a core leader of our Strategy & Corporate Finance Practice. He advises companies on CxO agenda, including corporate transformation, portfolio strategy, capital strategy, M&A, activist fund response, and cost optimization of capital and operating expenditures.
Yohan has worked extensively with companies in the industrials and electronics, energy, heavy industries, and metals and mining sectors in Japan and across the globe.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- supporting the design and implementation of a drastic end-to-end corporate transformation for a Japanese manufacturing conglomerate
- advising development of portfolio strategy for heavy industries companies in Japan
- supporting the development of a decarbonization and renewable energy strategy for a Japanese energy company
- leading a corporate-wide total cost optimization program for a Japanese energy company over a two-year journey
- working with a South American mining company to execute a corporate-wide cost optimization program
Yohan also has considerable experience in trend and disruption research. He contributes regularly to McKinsey’s knowledge development.
Before joining McKinsey, Yohan worked at Mizuho Financial Group in Tokyo and London, covering corporate finance, M&A, private equity, and turnaround.