With more than 20 years of experience at McKinsey, Volker is a member of the leadership team for the firm’s advanced-industries work in Europe. He has deep expertise in the automotive industry, focusing on strategic and operational issues in sales and marketing as well as product management. He has extensive project experience in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, China, Europe, India, North America, Russia, and South America.
Examples of Volker’s recent client work include the following:
- developing a series of regional strategies for a global automaker’s brands
- defining global product strategies for a European OEM
- developing holistic strategies for an automotive company’s passenger-car and light-commercial-vehicle brands
- supporting the marketing and sales strategy for a global agricultural-equipment OEM
- benchmarking automotive sales and marketing organizations
- creating after-sales strategies for different organizations in a value chain
- designing a holistic performance-improvement program for a producer of medium-voltage equipment
Before joining McKinsey, Volker worked for a systems-solutions company in Germany.