Venky advises senior leaders at a broad range of software, telecommunications, and healthcare institutions on topics of growth, tech transformation, security, and product engineering to drive distinctive and sustainable value creation.
He leads McKinsey’s cybersecurity work on the West Coast and our global offering for security software providers, helping software institutions in this sector transform and grow sustainably in a rapidly-evolving market.
Examples of Venky’s recent client projects include the following:
- leading a multi-year digital and technology transformation for a large global organization to drive disruptive change in the operating model
- driving double-digit above-market growth for one of the largest global security providers, with new market-entry, digital marketing, and portfolio streamlining
- leading the tech transformation for the global CIO of a $100 billion institution in North America, including adoption of digital infrastructure and analytics
- shaping the margin profile for a large software vendor for significant equity creation by driving growth with better profitability
- supporting a $100 billion global corporation with a cybersecurity strategy across multiple business units worldwide
- advising a Fortune 10 global organization on its security strategy and investment plan
- helping a supply-chain team with $100 billion in revenues passing through tech platforms to develop a global tech and talent sourcing strategy with a focus on mitigating risk while optimizing cost
Outside his client work, Venky contributes to McKinsey’s knowledge development, convenes CISO roundtables, and is a frequent speaker at cybersecurity conferences and events.
Before joining McKinsey, Venky was the director of products and business development at a business analytics software startup focused on security analytics in the healthcare and financial sectors. He holds an MBA from INSEAD in Paris.