Tomás first joined McKinsey’s Mexico City office and is now based in New York. His efforts are concentrated on strategy and corporate finance (mostly corporate and business-unit strategy, growth strategy, M&A, and regulation), with a focus on the telecommunications-and-media and private-equity sectors; within telecommunications, he coleads our global Regulatory and Spectrum Practices. He has also been involved in strategy and corporate-finance projects in conglomerates, consumer goods, financial institutions, infrastructure, real estate, retail, and transportation.
Examples of his work includes:
- developing a spectrum plan and auction strategy for a mobile company
- assessing industry evolution for an integrated telecom
- customer segmentation in the mobile market for a carrier, including financial impact
- long-term regulatory and stakeholder management strategy in telecom
- creating a business plan and go-to-market strategy for a media vertical (print, digital, and pay TV)
- due diligence work in enterprise software and services (e-invoicing), business process outsourcing (call centers), electronic payments (fraud analytics), enterprise telecom/IT (financial services), and telecom data (ID verification)
Prior to McKinsey, Tomás worked for UBS, where he was the global media sector strategist, head of Latin America’s Tech, Media, and Telecom division, and head of Mexico’s research and strategy team. During that time, Tomás ranked number one for Mexico coverage in Institutional Investor multiple times, and was part of the top-ranked Latin America and Mexico strategy team for over a decade.