Thomas has led a broad range of marketing-performance projects across geographies, including Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and the United States. He has developed marketing-performance levers—including brand management, marketing-budget sizing and allocation, channel mix, procurement, and marketing operating and agency model—at leading global brands in retail, consumer-goods, automotive, insurance, banking, telecommunications, aviation, and other consumer-facing industries.
Thomas’ recent projects include the following:
- developing a global marketing-effectiveness program in consumer goods—including the build of advanced return-on-investment (ROI) analytics, tools, and capability building—resulting in over €50 million in identified savings
- redesigning the marketing-operating model and organization of a leading European e-tailer to boost both brand consistency and marketing ROI, resulting in over €30 million in identified savings
- repositioning a fashion brand in light of changes in competition and consumer expectations
- designing the creative marketing-agency model for an automotive client, improving its creative edge and introducing a digital-first set-up
- leading a digital transformation of an automotive company, including redefining customer journeys, direct and sales models, and retail network
Before joining McKinsey, Tom worked for Siemens for 2 years.