Tarik leads McKinsey’s digital and analytics work for telecommunications and financial-services clients. He also hosts the firm’s annual Africa Digital Summit.
Prior to transferring to the Johannesburg office, Tarik was in the Silicon Valley office, where he led the firm’s iConsumer Global Research Initiative knowledge effort to understand emerging digital behaviors.
Examples of his recent client experience include the following:
- developing the digital and customer-experience strategies and related pilot implementations for a telecommunications company in Africa
- supporting the commercial turnaround for a telecommunications company in multiple geographies throughout Southern and Western Africa, leveraging customer value management and analytics, including in pricing, channel, and supply chain
- leading the development, from business case to implementation and launch, of a new mobile operator in Africa
- spearheading a workshop on emerging mobile and digital payment value chains for a financial-services institution in sub-Saharan Africa
- facilitating the derisking launch of financial-service mobile virtual-network operator in Africa
- conducting a diagnostic of a large IT program for a telecommunications company in South Africa
- developing a telecommunications company’s improved operating model, covering technology and operations
- supporting the rapid end-to-end digitization of key processes for a leading African bank
- leading a large African utility’s three-year IT transformation, from IT-strategy formulation to implementation support in multiple areas, such as outsourced contracts, infrastructure, and change management
- developing a South African bank’s business cases for core banking renewal and its multichannel transformation, helping to identify and quantify key value drivers
Prior to joining McKinsey, Tarik worked for a multinational computer-technology corporation as a software architect.