Sven serves leading consumer-packaged-goods and energy-sector companies on the most challenging operations and transformation topics. As a leader in McKinsey Digital, McKinsey Accelerate, and the firm’s Operations Practice, he focuses on digitally enabled lean manufacturing, large-scale transformations and capability building, and operational excellence.
Sven leads the firm’s work in digital manufacturing, helping clients understand how to design and implement large-scale manufacturing improvement programs that boost performance, while building capabilities in the organization to sustain and improve that performance.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- conducting an operational-performance transformation for a leading packaged-goods company by addressing manufacturing, network footprint, and supply-chain optimization; digital solutions accelerated the transformation and helped build capabilities at scale
- directing a field maintenance transformation for a leading transmission-system operator, applying change management and building capabilities to enable the transformation
- creating an asset-productivity program for a chemicals company that accelerated gains from maintenance excellence and process improvement by adopting advanced modeling for output and energy consumption
- employing digital-operations assessments to identify high-value digital and analytic solutions across operations
- developing a performance program changing the culture and ways of working for a leading transmission-system operator
- leading a lean manufacturing transformation for a consumer-goods manufacturer, including efforts focused on overall equipment effectiveness, material waste reduction, and labor optimization
Before joining McKinsey, Sven was a chemical engineer in the consumer-goods and chemicals industries. He speaks Dutch, English, German, and French.