Ruth is a senior partner in McKinsey's Berlin office. She leads our activities related to future mobility, decarbonization strategies, and product development for automotive OEMs and suppliers. Ruth also spends significant time on advancing diversity in the workplace—within and beyond the firm.
Examples of Ruth’s recent projects include the following:
- setting up an organizational unit for future software development for an automotive OEM
- improving software development and integration processes for an OEM, including separation of features from hardware
- driving a leadership development and agile project for a large automotive conglomerate
- performing a cybersecurity readiness assessment for an automotive OEM
- leading the electric vehicles strategy for an engineering and manufacturing service provider, pushing a platform-pre-development on the market
- assessing the flexible manufacturing strategy for an electric vehicle, including initial site selection and ramp-up plan for an automotive supplier
- leading multiple projects on energy-storage opportunities
- introducing an IoT platform for security cameras in a build-operate-transfer approach, including business case, minimum viable product for the platform, ecosystem building, and talent hiring
- leading a holistic performance improvement program for an automotive supplier
- leading a lean R&D project including footprint strategy for an automotive supplier with several business units
- leading modularization projects—including governance implications—for a global machinery company and a large automotive conglomerate
Ruth recently spoke on the topic of ‘Why the automotive sector needs more female leaders ‘ at the 2020 Wo-Men Automotive Summit.