Rafael is a partner at the firm’s Mexico City office and leads the efforts around the Energy and Materials Practice in the country, with a focus on sustainability. During his ten years with the firm, he has led several strategy projects around energy transition with a strong focus on energy and metals.
Rafael is committed to helping executives integrate energy-transition strategies, green business building, and sustainable solutions into their businesses.
Examples of Rafael’s recent client projects include the following:
- leading the expansion strategy design for a gas company in North America and the implications of changing market flows and liquefied natural gas price dynamics
- designing the hydrogen strategy for a country in Latin America
- defining the energy transition strategy for a downstream oil and gas company
- leading an M&A analysis to understand potential for a biofuels company
- designing the turnaround plan for a Central American electricity company
- designing an oil infrastructure-optimization plan to reduce bottlenecks in hydrocarbon transportation
- leading the procurement transformation for an oil company in South America
Rafael has developed several perspectives around the energy transition in Mexico and Latin America.
In addition to his client work, Rafael is also the local leader of GLAM, McKinsey’s LGBTQ+ network, in Mexico.